- 1. What is a home inspection?More
1.1. A general home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of the accessible areas of a residential property, performed for a fee, which is designed to identify defects within specific systems and components defined by these Standards that are both observed and deemed material by the inspector. The scope of work may be modified by the Client and Inspector prior to the inspection process.
- The general home inspection is based on the observations made on the date of the inspection, and not a prediction of future conditions.
- The general home inspection will not reveal every issue that exists or ever could exist, but only those material defects observed on the date of the inspection.
1.2. A material defect is a specific issue with a system or component of a residential property that may have a significant, adverse impact on the value of the property, or that poses an unreasonable risk to people. The fact that a system or component is near, at, or beyond the end of its normal, useful life is not, in itself, a material defect.
1.3. A general home inspection report shall identify, in written format, defects within specific systems and components defined by these Standards that are both observed and deemed material by the inspector. Inspection reports may include additional comments and recommendations.
- 2. Are you a memeber of an association?More
- 3. What standards do you follow?More
I am a member of The International Association of Home Inspectors and follow their standards of practice (sop).
- 4. Do you do repairs?More
I can but only after 12 months after the home inspection has been done. I follow the code of ethics on The International Association of Home Inspectors (Internachi) and as per the code of ethics:
The InterNACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to the structure for which the member or member's company has prepared a home inspection report for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems that are not included in the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
- 5. Do you carry insurance?More
Yes we are fully insured through HUB International.